Chicken Kali Mirch has many synonyms like Murg Kali Mirch, Kali Mirch Chicken, Pepper Chicken or Kali Mirch Ka Murgh, wherein Kali Mirch means ‘black pepper’ and murg / murgh means ‘chicken’.
Pepper is mostly found in Southeast Asia, and has been known to Indian cooking since at least 2000 BC J. The lost ancient port city of Muziris in Kerala was famous for exporting black pepper and various other spices, gets mentioned in a number of classical historical sources. Black pepper was always an integral part of the Indian kitchens not only for its characteristics to add a spicy flavour and aroma to the dish but also enrich it with nutrients, protein & dietary fibre.
Coming back to the recipe for this delectable & finger licking Chicken Kali Mirch, a treat for all spicy food lovers. The spicy flavour in this dish only comes from the black pepper. The recipe is an easy-to-make and I will be providing you with step-by-step instructions to prepare this mind blowing recipe of Chicken Kali Mirch. One thing to remember is that the tendered chicken pieces should be well marinated in black pepper infused yogurt.
Chicken Kali Mirch is one of my families favourite and you will find this to be a popular dish on the menu card of most of the Indian restaurants. This mouth-watering dish can be served with variety of Indian breads (wheat chapati, tandoori roti, parantha, etc. and also with simple pulao or fried rice.
Try this out and you will never go wrong as it very easy to prepare Chicken recipe and I am sure you will enjoy this out whole heartedly!
My vegetarian friends, followers and subscribers can substitute chicken with paneer or potato and non-vegetarians can also use any of your other favourite meat.
Now, let’s get to the preparation of this spicy & tangy flavoured Chicken Kali Mirch……but before that don’t forget to like, subscribe or comment with your feedback or if you want me to try some other recipe!!!
Servings: 4 Pax. Cooking Time: 30 Mins
For cooking Chicken Kali Mirch
- Chicken Boneless- 500 gm
- Onions-1 large
- Curd- 200 gm
- Black Pepper Powder-2 tsp
- Green Chili-2 split
- Salt- According to taste
- Garam Masala- ¼ tsp
- Desi Ghee -2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
- White pepper- ½ tsp
- Bay leaf- 2
- Green Cardamom- 2
- Clove- 4
- Black Pepper – 5 hole
- Fresh Cream – 1 ½ tbsp
For Marination of Chicken Kali Mirch
- Curd-200 gm
- Black Pepper Powder- ½ tsp
- White Pepper Powder- ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tbsp
- Salt- According to Taste
How to make Kali Mirch chicken:
Marinate the Chicken:
- Take a bowl and add curd to it.
- Add ½ teaspoon of Black pepper, ½ teaspoon White pepper powder and Ginger garlic paste.
- Add boneless Chicken pieces to the margination.
- Cover the marinated chicken and keep it in a cool place for a minimum of 1 hour.
Preparation of Chicken Kali Mirch:
- Heat up the deep bottom pan (Kadhai) at a medium flame, add 3 tablespoons of Clarified Butter (Desi Ghee) in it.
- Now add black pepper, cardamom, bay leaf, clove and cumin seeds, let them start to crackle in the kadhai.
- Add onions paste to it.
- Mix & sauté onions paste till it start to look golden brown in color.
- Now add marinated chicken along with the marination to the kadhai and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and put the flame on sim or low for 5 minutes. Let the chicken cook and stir the curry at frequent intervals.
- Add black pepper and salt as per your taste. For onions to cook properly, add salt late in the process.
- To enhance the spice & taste add sliced cut green chilli.
- Make sure the chicken is properly cooked, add water if required. Now add fresh cream stir it properly cook for 2 min.
- Switch off the flame once chicken is cooked properly.
- Add a pinch of Black Pepper on top for garnish it.
The tangy & spicy “Chicken Kali Mirch” is ready to serve hot!
Visit more delicious recipes https://indianrecipestreasure.com/
Chicken Achari – https://indianrecipestreasure.com/chicken-achari/
Mutton Handi Ghost – https://indianrecipestreasure.com/mutton-handi-ghost/