Bread Sandwich Pizza is extremely easy to make snacks recipe. With Pizza being so popular and favourite snack time food, it has made a special place in every modern kitchen. You can prepare it with your choice of vegetables or meat or in fact whatever is available in your kitchen. It can be prepared in just few minutes.
Bread Sandwich Pizza is a combination of Pizza and sandwich recipes, with loads of cheese, vegetables or meat, which makes it super cheesy and crunchy. Bread Sandwich Pizza is basically a grilled Sandwich with your choice of veggies or meat and can also be called Grilled Sandwich Pizza or Sub Pizza Sandwich.
History of Pizza
The history of pizza begins in antiquity, when various ancient cultures produced basic flatbreads with several toppings. The word pizza was first documented in A.D. 997 in Gaeta and successively in different parts of Central and Southern Italy. Pizza was mainly eaten in Italy and by emigrants from there. This changed after World War II when Allied troops stationed in Italy came to enjoy pizza along with other Italian foods. Post World War II as emigrants moved to different parts of the world, they carried this Italian delicacy with them around the globe.
Now, Pizza is a popular choice of every household, everyone likes it whether it be a youngers or elders in the home. But, making pizza is a cumbersome process and it takes a lot of time and patience. That is the reason, Pizzas are only prepared at home when there is a special occasion and in general we end up ordering them from food joints.
Today, we will learn how to make Bread Sandwich Pizza, which serves as a perfect substitute to Pizza and can be prepared in just a matter of few minutes. We do not even need a microwave/oven to bake, as it can be prepared on your basic flat pan (Tawa). It can be made anywhere and at any time and tastes exactly the same like Pizza.
Best part is you can also give these pizza sandwiches to kids in tiffin box unlike pizzas. So do try this cheesy recipe at home, surely you will enjoy & love it with your families!
Serving : 1pax Cooking Time: 5 min
- Bread – 12 bread slices, (whole wheat, brown, multi grain or white bread)
- Onion – 1, medium onion
- Capsicum – 1, medium capsicum (bell pepper)
- Olive – 8 pieces
- Pizza sauce as required
- Dice Mozzarella cheese
- Cheese slice
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Pizza Seasoning
How to make Bread Sandwich Pizza
- Chopped onion, capsicum.
- Brush some Butter on the bread slices.
- Spread pizza sauce.
- Now place chopped onions, Olive and capsicum. (Do not stuff too much with the veggies or cheese. You can add veggies of your choice like steamed baby corn or sweet corn. You can also add sautéed mushrooms).
- Place mozzarella cheese and pasta seasoning.
- Place 1 cheese slice after placing all thing.
- In last Cover with another bread slices.
- Place on a preheated tawa. Press the top cover of the sandwich for it to be grilled, please ensure that cheese should not spill outside after melting.
- Toast till the sandwiches are crisp and golden.
Serve this cheesy & crunchy Bread Sandwich Pizza warm with ketchup and green chutney!
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- You can add veggies of your choice.
- Either homemade or store bought pizza or pasta can be used.
- Instead of pizza cheese or mozzarella cheese, you can also use cheddar cheese or processed cheese.
- You can add mixed dried herbs of your choice.
- You can use toaster to toast the sandwich instead of tawa.
Chatpata Taco: https://indianrecipestreasure.com/chatpata-taco/
Keema Pav: https://indianrecipestreasure.com/keema-pav