Gajar ka achar | Carrot pickle recipe| instant carrot pickle recipe with step by step video recipe. Basically, gajar ka achar is a great condiment served with the meal. Traditionally, pickles are prepared by vegetables or fruits which are than marinated with salt water and indian spices. However, gajar ka achar is an instant version of indian pickle prepared with thinly sliced carrots.
While, the instant version of carrot pickle can be served immediately for your meal. However, it tastes great when preserved for 2-3 days and then served. This ensures all the spicy and salty flavours are rightfully absorbed by thinly sliced carrots.
Carrots are one of the healthiest vegetables that are loaded with beta-carotenes, anti-oxidants and calcium. I use carrots a lot in my cooking. Add up in pulao and rice dishes (Tawa Pulao, Chinese Fried Rice), grate it in Idlis for and as stuffing, in paranthas for a colorful and healthy treat, soups, noodles for kids (Chowmein), in pasta dishes (Masala Macaroni) and everyone’s favourite Pav Bhaji and many more.
This is a super easy pickle recipe that can be prepared within few minutes. The only time that goes in making this pickle is to dry the carrots. The pickle is very popular in Northern parts of India and is made during winters when seasonal red carrots are available. Every household has their own way of preparing it.
Benefits of carrot
- Boosts eye health
- Weight Loss
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Boosts skin health
- Boosts immunity
- Maintains Good Digestive Health
- Lowering the Risk of Diabetes
- Preventing Skin Dryness
- Preventing Ageing
- Healthy skin Glow
You can follow me along in my video to learn easily how to make carrot pickle at home. Please don’t forget to Like, Comment, Share & Subscribe my video.
- Carrots 250 gm (4-5 piece)
- Oil – ½ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds- 1 tsp
- Yellow Mustard Seed- 2 tsp
- Black mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Red Chilli Powder -2 tsp as required
- Turmiric powder- ½ tsp
- Vinegar Use any- 1 tsp
How to make Carrot Pickle
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into required size. Refer to the pics.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds and both Mustard seeds crush coarsely.
- Carrots are dry, heat oil in a pan, when the oil heated.
- Add carrots and saute it for 2 min.
- Add all spices red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix all the spice.
- Now add crush powder of fenugreek seeds and both Mustard seeds, mixed all.
- Now switch off the flame and add vinegar to it.
- Once it completely cools down. Transfer the carrots to an airtight glass container and keep it in bright sunlight (preferably) for 2 days.
- After 2 days use as required with your favourite meal.
- If you want to store pickle for longer time, then do not forget to refrigerate.
- Adding vinegar prevents pickle from spoiling.
- If you can add veggies of your choice like cauliflower, beetroot, capsicum, chilli to make vegetable pickle.
- Always remember to add 1:2 ratio of mustard powder and chilli powder to make a perfect pickle.
- Most noteworthy, make sure to wash and dry the vegetables. Else there are chances for pickle to spoil quickly.
- Finally, pickle taste great after 3 days.
For More interesting recipes visit us at https://indianrecipestreasure.com/