India is a land of spicy food and there are endless types of spicy chutneys. This green coriander chutney recipe is the best chutney you will ever try! It’s fresh, tart and spicy and goes so well with pakoras, kebabs, samosas, cutlets and fritters (chaat) or even as a spread on sandwiches. This is a recipe that’s pretty different from most other recipes out there, and you’ll believe me when you taste it! It is also famous in western part of world but it’s referred as cilantro chutney.
- Coriander leaves (dhania patta) – 2 cups chopped
- Green chilies (hari mirch)- 2 chopped, add more for a spicy chutney
- ½ inch ginger (adrak) – chopped (optional)
- Lime juice- ½ tsp or add as per taste(you can add Amla(1), curd(2 tsp) or tomato(1) also if you want )
- Cumin seeds(jeera seeds)- ½ tsp
- Chaat masala- ½ tsp
- Salt as required
- 1 to 2 teaspoon water for grinding or add as required (if you r using curd don’t add water).
How to make Green Chutney
1.Rinse the coriander leaves well in water and roughly chop them.
2.Take the chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies & ginger, cumin powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and salt in a grinder jar or a small blender jar.
3.Add 1 or 2 tsp water and grind to a smooth chutney. Add a few teaspoons more of the water if required. But don’t make the chutney too thin or watery.
4.Remove the chutney in a bowl and keep aside.
Use this green chutney as required for chaat recipes.