Today we will make South Indian Recipe, Its a Very Popular Recipe. Masala Dosa with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney is a popular dish from South India, which is found in menu of many restaurants and is found in many countries too. It is made by stuffing dosa (a thin crepe made from fermented rice and lentil batter) with a mixture made from potato, curry leaves, chili, mustard seeds and spices. It is then served hot with a bowl of sambhar (lentil soup) and coconut chutney. It is a complete food and can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. South Indian Coconut Chutney Recipe is a must-have accompaniment for south Indian dishes like dosa idli and vada. It is a simple recipe made out of coconut and has all the goodness and health benefits of coconut. so lets start making masala dosa with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Lets Start Making South Indian Recipe Masala Dosa with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney
Ingredients for Sambhar
- Toor dal- ¼ cup
- Drumsticks- pieces 2 medium size
- Tomato- 2 medium size
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion- 1 medium size sliced
- Sambar masala powder- 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 8-10 leaves
- Mustard seed- ½ tsp
- Tamarind pulp according to your taste
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
Method of Preparation for Sambhar
- Take warm water and soak the tamarind 30 minutes in it to get the tamarind pulp. Once the tamarind is soft, pulp the tamarind and pulp away. Strain later.
- Wash with water the toor dal, add turmeric, salt, tomatoes and drum stick Cook up to 4 whistles, or until mushy.
- Over medium flame, heat oil in a wide pot. Add mustard seeds splutter them.
- Now add onion and fry until clear and little brown in colour.
- Now add curry leaves. Cook for a few minutes.
- Now add sambhar masala and red chilli powder cook for two min and then add tamrind pulp.
- Now add the tadka in vegetable mixture the mashed dal.
Add the water to make the sambar as you like. Allow for a few minutes to boil. Sambar is now ready
Ingredients for Coconut Chutney
- Green Chili – 1 to 2
- Curd – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut – 1 full coconut
- Ginger – one-and-a-half-inch piece
- Garlic- 3-4 cloves
- Coriander leaves are optional
- Salt to taste
For Tadka in Coconut Chutney
- Ghee-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 8-9 leaves
Method of Preparation for Chutney
- Take a mixer grinder jar add all ingredients, green chilli, Curd, coconut, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, add water( 2 cup) and grind all.
- For tadka take a small tadka pan add ghee let it heat, add mustard seeds let it crackle, after crackle add curry leaves and switch off the flame.
- Now add this tadka to coconut chutney
Ingredients of masala filled in dosa
- Potato- 4 (medium )boiled
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard seed- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 8 to 10 leaves
- Green chilli -2 finely chopped
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- salt- According to taste
How to make filling
- Take a pan heat it up.
- Add oil in it, get it heat.
- Add mustard seeds, let it crackle then add curry leaves and green chili .
- sauté it then add mashed potato in it and add salt and turmeric .
- Mixed them all , and cook for 2 min
- filling masala is ready now.
For Dosa batter watch this https://indianrecipestreasure.com/idli-dosa-uttapam-batter/
How to make dosa
- Heat a pan or Dosa tawa.
- Mix the fermented batter with water to make it a moderately runny consistency.
- Check if the pan is hot enough by spluttering some water on it.
- Take a ladle (preferably flat at the bottom) of the batter and pour on the pan before spreading it on the pan (spread it as thin as possible for crispy dosas).
- Wait until small holes start to appear in the dosa.
- Add ghee (clarified butter) or oil as per taste around the dosa and in the middle.
- Wait until the dosa changes to a golden brown colour, now add potato masala in the middle of dosa an then fold the dosa and serve.
- Serve with sambar and coconut chutney.
For more Interesting Recipes visit us at https://indianrecipestreasure.com/