Kachi Haldi Ka Achar
Fresh Turmeric Pickle also called as Kachi Haldi ka Achar is quite popular in north western part of India. Making this pickle is quite easy as compared to making any other Indian Pickles.
Turmeric, or “Indian saffron,” is a gift from Nature and has numerous health benefits. It contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and is used in Ayurveda medicine in India. Haldi has been used for thousands of years to treat stomach ailments, ulcers, liver problems, fever and as an antiseptic for wounds and sore throats.
Haldi comes from a root that looks a lot like ginger since they are from the same family. Although it is easiest to buy it in powdered form, you can find the fresh root mostly during winters. Turmeric is an essential ingredient in Indian curries that gives curry its yellow colour, with its taste described as bitter and peppery. It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb.
Apply turmeric to wounds, and it’s believed to fight infection. Mix it with milk and drink, the mind calms down. Tint the entrance of new homes with a paste to welcome prosperity as Turmeric is considered auspicious.
Benefits of Raw Turmeric
- Healing properties
- Reduces the Risk of Cardio Diseases
- Improves digestion
- Antifungal Properties
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes
- Boosts Digestion
- Good for your skin
- Excellent antiseptic
- Joint Pain removal
- Acts as blood purifier
Please follow my video to make instant raw turmeric pickle also popularly known as “kachi haldi ka achar” or “haldi ki subji”. This video is prepared to share a haldi ka achar recipe in hindi.
This delicious tangy fresh turmeric pickle is a good accompaniment to pappad, naan, roti, paratha or with rice.
- Turmeric- 250 gram
- Red chilli powder- 2 tsp
- Salt- According to taste
- Fennel seed- 5 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- Onion seeds(kalonji)- 1 tsp
- Lemon – 1 big
- White vinegar- 2 tsp
Powder for Masala
- Fenugreek seeds -1 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 3 tsp
Instruction to make Kachi Haldi Ka Achar
- Wash, rinse and clean all the ingredients with water. Dry them completely with a tissue or a kitchen towel leaving no moisture.
- Peel out the skin of turmeric root and cut them into small pieces.
- Add, 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds, 3 tsp Fennel Seeds, Into the mixer jar, Grind the spices to a coarse powder and set aside
- Transfer cut pieces to a glass bowl.
- Add 1 full lemon juice, vinegar, red chilli powder, salt and all powder of fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Soak all these for atleast 2 hours.
- After 2 hours now we make tadka for achaar.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add 1 tsp feenel seeds and 1 tsp kalonji.
- Turn the heat on low flame immediately and mix it well.
- Now add Raw Turmeric, mix it so that the spices are nicely coated.
- Cook for 2 min in oil, after 2 min switch off the flame.
- set aside for few hours. Give it a nice mix after few hours.
- Now, transfer the pickle to a glass jar. Try to use a glass or ceramic container to store the pickle.
For more Recipes visit us at https://indianrecipestreasure.com/