Instant Amla Pickle is a recipe made in most of the north Indian households. Amla ka achar is a side dish served with major meals or snacks. It can be enjoyed with different variety of Indian breads (roti, paratha, stuffed aloo paratha etc.). It is a mix of sour & spicy Amla and green chili pickle recipe which helps in enriching the taste & enhances the flavor. Both Amla & green chili are high source of nutritions and have antioxidants properties which have health benefits for our body.
Amla is very easily available during winters and can be consumed in different ways. It have vitamin C so it is very good to consume during cold, good for digestion and as it is very easy to digest. It helps boost your immunity, metabolism and prevents viral and bacterial ailments, including cold and cough. Its nutritional profile also comes studded with a range of polyphenols that are known to fight against the development of cancer cells.
Amla is very Beneficial for Health
I have used big sized amlas so I steam cook them and removed the segments ,but if you are using small size amla then just steam cook them and use them whole ,no need to separate the segments. Due to oxidation the pickle change its colour after 2-3 weeks and turn greenish but no need to worry or to discard the pickle it is good to use even after the change in the colour.
Amla pickle can be given to small children as well as old age people ,they can also eat and enjoy it .It is used in many Ayurvedic preparations .It is a major component in the most popular ayurvedic health food- Chyavanprash.
Please follow along my video to get quick tips and tricks of making amla pickle or rajasthani amla or hari mirch ka achar. The video gives a quick and easy step-by-step instructions on how to make amla pickle in hindi.
Benefits of Amla
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Improves Immunity
- Builds resistance to fight cold and flu
- Prevents Constipation
- Helpful in Weight loss
- Natural Blood Purifier
- Improves Eyesight
- Protects hair fall
- Gives glow to skin
- Amla/Indian Gooseberry – 400 gms
- Green Chili- 5-6 clean and cut
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf- 5 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Methi dana- 1 ½ tsp
- Kalonji /Onion Seeds- 1tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt – According to taste
- Oil -1.5 cup
Instructions Of making Amla Pickle
- Wash and wipe amla properly.
- Preasure cook them for about 5-7 minutes.
- Separate the segments and remove the seed from amla.
- Dry roast 1 tsp fenugreek and 3 tsp fennel seeds for 2-3 minutes and then grind coarsly
- Heat 1 ½ cup oil then add 2 tsp Fennel seeds and ½ tsp fenugreek seeds.
- Now add green chilli in oil and cook for 1min.
- Now add the amla segments in it and mix well. Cook for 2 min in oil.
- Add the ground spices and all the other powdered spices in the oil.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Enjoy the pickle with rice or any Indian bread.
- If possible don’t make this pickle in a big batch as it become soft after some time .so I prefer to make small batches of this pickle as it is available easily during winters.
- The pickle change the color after some times and turns slightly greenish due to oxidation but is fine to consume.
- You can store it in refrigeration for a long shelf life.
- If the amla is small in size then use it whole.
For more Pickle Recipes Visit us at https://indianrecipestreasure.com/