Mango is a “king of fruits” and loved by all in family. As it is only available for 2-3 months in a year, we all crave for it for the rest of the year. But the best thing is that we can make a pickle of it to have it all around the year. Here, I am sharing an easy, quick & instant but very tasty recipe to make Instant Sweet Mango Pickle (Aam Ka Meetha Achaar), which is so yummy in taste that you will be glad to have it and it will upgrade the flavor of all that you eat.
There are so many ways in which you can eat sweet and sour mango pickle. I like to prefer eating my aam ka meetha achar with puri, parantha, roti as well as jam on bread. It is also served as side dish for chatpata mango pickle summer recipes.
The recipe of this Sweet mango pickle is adopted from Gujarat but is very popular in Rajasthan and the rest of the north India. You can always find many types of pickles in my kitchen like Mango pickle (aam ka khatta meetha achar), grated mango pickle (aam ka lacha achar), kair ka achar, gonde ka achar, and many more.
Please follow me along to make this north Indian sweet mango pickle recipe.
Benefits of Raw Mango
- Prevents Dehydration
- Shields from Intense Heat
- Cures Stomach Troubles
- High in Vitamin C
- Good for Your Teeth
- Good for the Skin and Hair
- Best Source of Fiber
- Lowers Your Risk of Cancer
- An Energy Boost
- Good for The Heart
- Bolsters Immunity
Ingredients of Sweet Mango Pickle
- Raw Mango – 250 grams
- Jiggery– 1 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 1-2tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Refine Oil – 2tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 2 pinches
Instruction to make Instant Sweet Mango Pickle
- Take Raw mangoes, wash them properly and dry them with a clean dry cloth.
- Now peel them and then cut the pulp into pieces. Remove the seeds from the mango.
- Take a thick base kadhai (be careful not to use kadhai made of iron) and keep it on gas. Turn the gas on full flame.
- Add oil in it, let it heat.
- when it starts heating add fennel seed and hing to it.
- After they start to splutter, add raw mango pieces in it and cook for 2 min (turn the gas on medium flame).
- Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, now add 2 tbsp water in it and cook for 2-3 min, till mangoes get soft.
- Now add Jiggery to it and cook till jiggery get melt in it.
- The Aam Ka Meetha Achaar will start becoming soft during this time.
- Aam Ka Meetha Achaar will start becoming thick. Check the sugar syrup of achar has become thicker or not.
- Make sure that there should remain some sugar syrup in the kadhai. Do not overcook to evaporate the entire sugar syrup.
- After that store it in an airtight jar. You can have it for a year or more.
- Your sour and Sweet Mango Pickle (Aam ka meetha achaar) is now ready.
For more interesting recipes visit us at : https://indianrecipestreasure.com/