Since Diwali is approaching, I am sharing the crunchy & munchy Moong Dal Namkeen Recipe. You may enjoy with your family & friends during snacks time with tea/coffee. This Diwali serve your friends & family home-made easy & quick namkeen recipe. In my video, I have shared recipes to make crunchy, salty & crispy Moong Dal namkeen In Haldiram Style.
You can make these savoury namkeen well in advance to have a hassle-free Diwali celebration. Check out my video and follow along to easily make this Haldirams’s style moong dal namkeen at your convenience quickly.
We all love snacks and something savory, especially during tea time. For all those calorie conscious folks and those looking for healthy savory snacks, here I am with a simple moong dal namkeen recipe.
- Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 2 pinches
- Salt – According to taste
- Oil – To fry
Instructions How to make Moong Dal Namkeen:
- Rinse 1/2 cup moong dal at least 3-4 times.
- Soak moong dal in a large bowl with 2 cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and mix everything well. (The idea is to soak the dal completely in the liquids. Add more water if needed. The liquid should be about 1-2 inch above the moong dal.)
- Soak it for at least for 5-6 hours or overnight. Once soaked well, drain the excess water from it, rinse again with the clean water using a strainer / sieve. Shake off the excess water.
- Arrange this dal on a muslin cloth in a single layer to pat dry it.
- Let it air dry in a shade for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. There shouldn’t be any moisture when you fry moong dal, so try to get them as dry as possible.
For Frying Namkeen:
- Now heat vegetable / frying oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Fry moong dal in a steel strainer in small batches. Keep stirring the dal occasionally, this step would prevent dal from sticking.
- Deep fry moong dal on medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until it turns crisp.
- Drain fried moong dal onto an absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
- Add desired spices when dal is slightly warm, and mix well. Cool completely and store moong dal namkeen in an air-tight container.
- Serve moong dal namkeen with hot Tea or Coffee.
- Soak Moong dal for at least 6 hours and air dry to remove all moisture. Dal might splutter in the oil while frying if there is any moisture left. Also, they won’t turn crisp.
- Adding baking soda is must for this recipe.
- Always try to fry moong dal using a steel strainer. This way it would be easier to take out the fried moong dal from hot oil.
- Moong dal namkeen stays fresh for months when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Add salt to dal when they are slightly warm, this way they would absorb the flavors nicely.
For more interesting recipes visit us at : https://indianrecipestreasure.com/