Indian chaat recipes are tongue tickling and mouth watering. Chole Tikki is one of the most famous among them. All chaat recipes have combination of sweet, spicy and tangy flavors. When you take a bite of Chole Tikki Chaat, you will experience the taste all these complex flavors in your mouth. Apart, from lots of flavors, you will also get a feel of many different textures. Yes it’s like heaven!
To get the feel and taste of it, you can follow the recipe here and try to make it at home.
Servings – 4 pax. Cooking time – 1 hour
- Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) – 1 ½ cup
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Tomato -1 medium
- Green chili – 2 pieces
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder (Dhania)- 1 tbsp
- Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder) – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chole Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Potatoes (Aloo)- 5 , boiled and peeled
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Corn flour- 1 tablespoon
- Whole Wheat Bread crumbs- 3/4 cup
- Sunflower Oil , for greasing
- Salt , to taste
Chole Tikki Chaat
- Green Chutney – 1 cup (Coriander & Mint) https://indianrecipestreasure.com/green-chutney/
- Tamarind Sweet Chutney – 1 cup (Tamarind and Jaggery) https://indianrecipestreasure.com/tamarind-chutney/
- Onions – 3 , finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 , finely chopped
- Green Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- Curd- 1 Cup
Preparation of Chole Masala
- Let’s begin preparing Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat recipe, soak the Chole in water for about 8 to 10 hours, chole should be completely immersed in water (or soak in hot water for 2 hour, take one boil and cover it).
- After the soaking period, cook the Chole along salt and add water. Cook until it is soft.
- If the chole get mashed easily that means they are completely cooked. Keep the cooked Chole aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pan. Add the cumin and hing, stir-fry for a few seconds till you can smell the aromas coming through.
- Then add tomato puree (add green chill and ginger while making tomato puree), cook till oil gets dicharged to the side of the pan. Then add all the spices (red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala, chole masala).
- Cook for 5-6 min then add cooked chole into the masala, mix and stir them well and add half cup of water. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste. Cover the pan, cook it on low flame for 20 to 30 minutes until Chole gets well coated with the masala.
Yay! Your Chole are ready just make sure to garnish them with green coriander before serving.
Preparation of Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the boiled potatoes. Add green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala powder, some salt to taste, please make sure to add 1 tablespoon of corn flour and/or bread crumbs to help in binding the tikki’s.
- Mix all the ingredients well and shape them into circular discs / patties (tikki) of desired sizes (about 1-1/2 inch diameter).
- Preheat a tawa and pan shallow fry these tikki’s with oil, until they are browned and crisp on both sides.
Your hot & crispy tikkis are ready! Now, you have to just arrange additional spices & chutney’s to make a tangy “chaat”!
Preparing the Chola Tikki Chaat
- Place the Aloo tikki on a platter. Add some hot & spicy chole masala on top of the hot tikkis. Sprinkle some green chillies, some finely chopped onions, add a spoon of green mint chutney over each of the tikkis, then some tamarind chutney over it.
- To serve the Aloo Tikki Chaat – sprinkle some more onions and tomatoes, some chopped coriander leaves.
You can enjoy this spicy, tangy and mouth-watering “Aloo Tikki Chaat”Recipe as an evening snack or even weeknight dinner with family and friends!
For more Recipes visit us at https://indianrecipestreasure.com/