Chili chicken is a popular Indo-Chinese dish of chicken. In India, this may include a variety of dry chicken preparations. Though mainly boneless chicken is used in this dish, some people also use chicken with bone too. Chilli chicken has a mix flavour with a slight taste of sweet, spicy and sour. It is a very popular crispy appetizer made of chicken, bell pepper, garlic and soya sauces. Vegetarian alternates can be made with replacement of chicken with paneer, mushroom, potato, and tofu.
Indo-Chinese cuisine is a distinct formed through the adaptation of Chinese seasonings but Indian cooking styles to taste a fusion. It is now an integral part of Indian culinary scenes and enjoyed by everyone through the country.
Chili Chicken is an easy to make appetizer and can be served hot in a small gathering of family or friends. Chili Chicken is a popular choice and can be made easily at home with a detailed video and step-by-step instructions as given below.
Is Chili Chicken really spicy?
Though the name Chilli Chicken sounds it to be a spicy recipe but it is not! It’s a perfect balance of sweet, sour & spicy flavours which is being maintained by the use of different variety of sauces. Chili Chicken is often enjoyed with fried rice or hakka noodles. If you add a little extra water to it the same recipe can be modified to make Chili Chicken gravy.
I am sure by now you must be excited & looking forward to try this sizzling Chicken Chili recipe, let’s watch the video below or go through the instructions to learn how to make Chicken Chili dry recipe at home.
Serving – 2-Pax. Cooking Timing-25 min
- Boneless Chicken – 500gm
- Egg beaten – 1
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Ginger – 2 inch finely chopped
- Garlic – 12-14 cloves
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped in dice shaped)
- Capsicum – 1 cup (chopped in dice shaped)
- Green chilli – 2 tablespoon (sliced)
- Soya sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Green chili sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Red chili sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Spring onion – 1-2 stick(chopped)
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 2 cup
- Salt to taste
Instructions to make Chili Chicken
- Take a big bowl mix chicken, egg, corn flour (1/4th cup), black pepper and soya sauce (1 tablespoon) in a bowl. Mix all of it properly. Keep it aside and let it marinate for 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile, let’s chop onions and capsicum in dice shape.
- Take a pan and add oil heat it up at high flame to make chicken fry. Place the chicken pieces one by one in the oil until cooked. Remove and drain the excess oil.
- Then heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok. After heating oil add green chillies finely chopped, ginger and garlic. Sauté/mix them well. Then add onions and capsicum saute for 2 min till they turn translucent.
- After that add soya sauce, vinegar,green chilli sauce, red chili sauce and salt in the wok. Then add all fried chicken in the wok and add ¼ cup water and mixed them all (we add water so that chicken pieces get soft and juice) reduce the water.
- After heated for 2 min. Take a small bowl add corn flour and 3 tablespoon water. Add the cornflour liquid to the wok and mix it till gravy get’s dry.
- Chilli chicken dry is ready to serve. Serve this recipe with hot schezwan rice.
Serve it sizzling hot and don’t forget to garnish it with spring onions!
Visit for more Delicious recipes: https://indianrecipestreasure.com/