Mushroom Mutter Masala is basically a simple medium spicy red in color creamy & greasy thick gravy – yet really delectable & delicious recipe and I bet you will fall in love, once you try it once!
Mushroom Mutter Masala is a delight in the menu for the veg lovers in majority of the Indian restaurants. If you have been to an Indian restaurant I am sure you must have eaten mushroom mutter masala. Button Mushroom is one of my favorite mushrooms and they also contain 80-90 percent of water and are very low in calories. They are good source of minerals and are high in anti-oxidants.
Mushroom Mutter Masala is a great Indian dish you can make even if you are not Indian or not a good cook. It’s full of flavor and a very impressive dish to serve guests or as a family meal. Takes barely 20 minutes to prepare and you don’t need a whole variety of Indian spices. It can be eaten with chapati and naan (Indian breads) as well as over simple steamed white rice.
While you are here do checkout this simple to make Mushroom Mutter Masala recipe video. Subscribe, like & leave feedback, if you like what I did with it.
Servings – 4 pax. Cooking time – 45 mins
- Mushrooms- 250 gms, cleaned, washed and sliced
- Green peas- ¾ cup
- Onion – 1, medium, Puree
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – very small peice
- Green chili paste – 2 peices
- Tomatoes – 1, large, puree
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Hing 1 pinch
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp, crushed
- Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste according to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Oil – 2 tbps
How to make Mushroom Mutter Masala
- In the same vessel, add the oil and add zeera and hing, let them crackle.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger paste and saute for 5 mints. Let then cook till oil get separated.
- Then add tomatoes and green chilli paste, let’s cook it for 10 min till oil get separated.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt according to taste. Stir it , cook for 2-3 mins
- Add mutter and mushroom to masala, stir it and cook for 15 min. Add ½ cup water.
- Cover it and cook, simmer for 10 min or till mushrooms are cooked and the desired curry consistency is achieved.
- Now in Last add Kasuri methi for good flavour.
Muttter Mushroom is cook serve hot and Garnished with Coriender.
For more delicious recipes visit our home page https://indianrecipestreasure.com/