A Handi is a deep, wide-mouthed cooking vessel used in north Indian cooking, it is because there are many specific Indian dishes cooked in this vessel, and their names reflect its use, such as Mutton (Lamb) Handi Ghost.
Although this method takes a long time to cook the meat, the resultant flavour and texture of the meat will turn out to be amazing. And if you cook this in a clay pot, it will taste even better.
The method to make this Mutton Handi recipe is quite different from how you make other mutton curries. You can use lamb or chicken. Just remember to cut the pieces really small to get it cooked perfectly. The freshly ground spices make simply elevates this Mutton Handi recipe to another level. When the Mutton Handi is getting cooked, your whole house will be engulfed in amazing aroma that, whoever enters your home would straight away head into the kitchen.
The roasted cumin, coriander seeds and the pepper corn powder blends so well with the curry, that it simply elevates this dish to altogether another level.
Servings: 4 Pax Time to cook: 60-90 mins
- Mutton – 1 kg with bone
- Onion – 5 medium ( 2 onions sliced and 3 for paste)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 Tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 4 medium size (paste)
- Green chilli – 4 to 5 (paste)
- Black cardamom – 1 piece
- Green cardamom – 2 piece
- Flower – 2 peice
- Bay leaf – 2 peice
- Cinnamon – 1 medium stick
- Black pepper – 7to8
- Cloves – 8 to 10
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 ½ teaspoon
- Salt according to taste
- Curd – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 4 tablespoon
Preparation of Mutton Handi Ghost:
- Take some oil in a pressure cooker and heat it.
2. Add cardamom, green cardamom, black pepper, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and flower. Roast them don’t burn them.
3. Now add sliced onions stir it till it turn in brown colour, add onions paste and sauté it till colour change then add ginger garlic paste and sauté till 4 – 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato pure and green chili, cook till 5 to 6 min.
5. Then add curd, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt and cook for 4 min, stir it continuously.
6. Add mutton pieces and sauté on high flame. Add ½ cup water and stir it, cook for 7 to 8 min.
7. Now add 4 to 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Close the lid and take 4 to 5 whistles. Switch off the flame.
8. Open the lid when the pressure is completely released. Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves cook for few minutes till most of the water is absorbed.
9. Mutton Handi Ghost is ready and serve hot with chapatti.
How to Serve:
Mutton Handi Ghost is flavourful mutton dish goes great with tandoori roti, lacha paratha, naan, missi roti or rice pulao. It should be served piping hot garnish with chopped cilantro and coriander leaves.
Mutton Handi Ghost is delicious recipe with very rich on calories, fats and cholesterol.
Visit our website for more delicious treasure of Indian recipes. https://indianrecipestreasure.com/