Kashmiri Dum Aloo (also spelled as Dam Aloo) or Alu Dum is a potato based dish, it is a part of the traditional Kashmiri Pandit cuisine, from the Kashmir Valley, in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The potatoes, usually smaller ones, are first deep fried, then cooked slowly at low flame in a gravy with spices. Dum Aloo is a popular recipe cooked throughout India. In Bengal, it is a specialty dish eaten mostly with Luchi and is known as “Aloor dum”.
Servings: 4 pax Time to cook: 25 to 30 mins
- Baby potatoes – 15 -18
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Beghi mirch – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt according to taste
- Cumin seeds- ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Kasuri methi – 2 pinch
- Tomato- 2 medium size finely chopped
- Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Oil- 2 tablespoon
Preparation for Kashmiri Dum Aloo:
- Boil potatoes with 2 cups of water and ½ teaspoon Salt. Take 1 whistle switch off the flame.
2. After this peel and prick all the potatoes. Then deep fry them.
3. Take a pan add 2 tablespoon oil after heating oil add cumin seeds let them crackle then add chopped tomato and green chilli sauté them.
4. Take a bowl add yogurt, deghi mirch, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. After tomato get soft add this mixture sauté it. Cook it for 5-7 minutes.
5. Then add potatoes to cook in the gravy for 10-15 min.
6. Kashmiri Dum aloo is ready serve hot with paratha.
How to Serve:
Sprinkle some caraway seeds (kalonji) from top (optional) and garnish it with corriander leaves serve Kashmiri Dum Aloo hot with naan, rotis or rice.
Dum Aloo is very tasty North Indian curry with moderate calories content and medium level of cholesterol.
Visit our website for more delicious treasure of Indian recipes. https://indianrecipestreasure.com/